Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Today I went into a store near where I live and they sold stuff kind of like what REI has. I wanted to buy a winter coat but nothing fit. However I tried on a shirt, the shirt was RMB 138, but I saw the brand and felt it, and I tried it on, and you could tell it was high quality. I thought in my head, this would be about $40 in the US. I bought the shirt, came home, and looked it up on the internet. I was right. Here it is. And I only paid about $20 for it.

I think if I loose a little weight I will be able to buy a winter coat, but I will have to try because I will have to achieve this before it gets to cold. This is the best motivation I have ever had to go on a diet. I am going to try to eat fruits instead of ice cream from now on. At least it is impossible not to exercise here, because just going to and from work every day, I have to walk for a total of about 50 minutes, because it's 20 minutes from my building to the subway, five minutes from the subway to the school, and then both ways, that's 50 minutes, which is enough exercise.

Also, last night I went to Lampel's apartment, so did Andy and Joessette, two of my coworkers, and we had dinner. Joessette and I spent the night. Lampel and her girlfriend were very nice hostesses. Then they fed me breakfast. Lampel is very nice and she has proposed to me the idea of starting a business together. She wants to open her own school. I am finding my self becoming quite close to these people whom I have not known very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment