Monday, November 8, 2010

I've done China, China's done me, and China and I are done with each other

So, as you can assume from the title, I'm coming home. Yes, I know I said I'd be here a year, yes I know I said I signed a contract. For reasons which nobody will tell me, the company has decided to terminate my contract. I don't know why for certain. They have this excuse they always tell you that is an outright lie and I know it: "the parents complained." Of course this isn't true, it's just the bullshit they say to get you off their back. They lie a lot, but in Chinese culture, lying is not wrong, it is a face protecting strategy. If they say the parents complained, then they don't specify any further, they won't tell you specific complaints, they won't tell you exactly what you did wrong, than not only is it a lie, but there no way for you to know what you did wrong, or how you can change to make the problem better. It's a real lose-lose situation for the employees and this company, and we all believe it's going to be their downfall, and I'm glad that we are separating. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not going out without a fight. I'm going to get my breach penalty, and my paycheck for this month, and my TEFL certificate, no matter how hard I have to fight for them. I may need to go down to the office right now. In fact I should, to get those things. Let me call the fucker who told me this and see if he got the shit from the accountant.

No comments:

Post a Comment