Saturday, November 13, 2010

And then what happened?

So then, I start walking out to where I think I will find a taxi, and I walk and I walk, lugging this heavy ass suitcase, and totally struggling and suffering, and I say to my self, "Margit, you've got to choose your battles!" And so, I surrendered it. I left most of my possessions sitting on a sidewalk in China.

I realized at this point, that I needed to get my physical body and my passport to that airport on time, and luckily, I knew I'd left enough time to do that. Beyond my body and my passport, my next two priorities were my computer and my guitar, and the little bit of clothes and shit I had in my backpack. I kept those.

There were no taxis on the street, but there were black taxis. Black taxis illegal taxis. They are basically people who own cars, and they offer you rides, and they are known to have ridiculously high prices, especially at the time of night that it was. Knowing my options I tried to get one, and he was going to charge me 300 yuan. He was not working with me. I tried to bargain. He wouldn't work with me, so I said, "fuck you," to him and I moved on, and kept walking...

No comments:

Post a Comment